Shaun S. Daneshrad, MD, FACC
Cardiologist & Internist located in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Daneshrad is a leading cardiologist in the Los Angeles area, offering men and women skilled, comprehensive cardiology consultation services to diagnose and manage heart disease so each patient can enjoy the best health possible.
Cardiology Consultation Q & A
What types of heart disease does Dr. Daneshrad treat?
Dr. Daneshrad provides treatment for several types of heart-related diseases and conditions, including:
- Coronary artery disease (also called CAD), which occurs when the blood supply to the heart is diminished due to blocked or narrowed arteries
- Cardiomyopathy, a disease that affects the heart muscle tissue
- Valve disease, which may involve leakage or other problems involving the function or structure of the heart valves
- Peripheral vascular disease (also called peripheral artery disease or PAD), which causes circulation to be restricted in the legs
- Carotid artery disease, which restricts blood flow to the brain and can result in stroke
- Rhythm diseases that affect the speed at which the heart beats
What are the risk factors for heart disease?
Managing risk factors is one of the most important things you can do to keep your heart healthy. During your cardiology consultation, Dr. Daneshrad will perform an evaluation to help identify risk factors that could make you more prone to heart disease, including:
- older age
- high blood pressure
- high cholesterol levels
- sedentary lifestyle
- family history of heart disease
Although not every risk factor is modifiable (for instance, age and family history), Dr. Daneshrad will work with you to develop a plan for managing those factors that can be modified to help you stay as healthy as possible.
What symptoms can heart disease cause?
Heart disease can present with multiple symptoms, including:
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- chest, neck or arm pain or pressure
- lightheadedness or dizziness
- heart palpitations or pounding
- chronic fatigue
- pain, cramping or swelling in the legs or feet
- weakness on one side of the body or face
If you experience any of these symptoms, you should seek medical care right away.
Major Insurance Providers Accepted
Below is a short list of just some of the plans we accept. Please contact our office if you do not see your insurance provider listed on our site.
Words from our patients
"I wouldn't trust my heart in anyone else's hands. Thank you Dr. Daneshrad and staff for always making me feel comfortable, and keeping this heart beating."
"If you are looking for an expert in his field and a person who has heart, you have hit the jackpot. He will never disappoint you."